Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fireworks and a lesson learned.

On the 4th of July there was a fireworks here in Aalborg, for americans to celebrate their Indedendence Day. Even though I had to rush it a bit, I got my camera to the window to get a few shots of it.

I had read some guidelines on the dpreview forums on beforehand. So I set up my camera on my girlfriends tripod, set the appropriate values, and start shooting.


As you might notice (at least if you watch the large image) I learned more from this experience than I got good photos. Lessons:
  1. Instead of having a focus range that goes from 0.5m -> Infinity, lenses have a focus range that goes 0.5m -> Infinity -> Endless dimension of blur. Lesson: Always check your focus!
  2. Don't have long exposure noise compensation turned on when doing fireworks. I lost half of the shots, waiting for the camera to finish.
  3. 5-10 second exposures seem ok for fireworks. I'll consider getting a cheap wire remote and use Bulb mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home